Monday, February 16, 2009

Fixed some things

I changed this blog so anybody can leave a comment. I guess the settings were prohibiting that before.

Okay, wow, I am really not getting on the internet as much as I was expecting. :P

We had a big group yesterday! My cousin stopped by on her way home from Switzerland. I told everyone that she lives in Switzerland, but apparently she isn't moving there until June. Her fiance currently lives there, so she was on her way home (to a city in the Netherlands that I could never pronounce, let alone spell) from visiting him.

Our friends Wendy and Karen also arrived yesterday morning. We spent a great deal of time walking around and visiting various coffeeshops. Amsterdam is a fun city to explore!

We are planning to go to the Van Gogh museum today. Nick and I also need to find a place to do our laundry. A little birdie pooped on my pants yesterday.

The tattoo artist I wanted to see is fully booked, so I do not know if I will still get one. I am more scared of talking to a tattoo artist than I am of getting a tattoo. Maybe I should get over that. :|

Okay, I am going to attempt to post some more pictures. I made them small, and I would do something where you could just click on a link to see them larger, but I think it will take me longer to do it that way. I really hope these are the right size.

The first smokeshop we visited:






I love this sign...this is how people walk in Amsterdam. lol












Public urinals = awesomeness


The Bulldog:


The first coffeeshop we visited. We didn't buy anything here because it was overpriced, small, and awkward.


Mmm nom




In our elevator:




Vaporizer:


My cousin, Katie, who belongs in a knitting sweatshop:




Down with tobacco:


Special banana cake. It actually was not special at all. :| Nick & I split a piece and nothing ever came of it.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome photos!! How was the food there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The city is beautiful! So many odd colors and shapes! Ariel, you look like you are positively freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are having a good time!! Post more pics of you and the other peeps!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't I have a selection like that at my local grocery store???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures!!! I am still cracking up at the public urinals :D Post more pictures when you can!!!

    ReplyDelete