Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy last day

We're enjoying ourselves on our last day. I am SO BUMMED because the boat I wanted to go on wasn't doing a tour today. Tell me this doesn't sound freaking amazing:

The St. Nicolaas Boat Club gives the best boat rides in Amsterdam. They're not like the big tour boats. They have a small old open boat that holds about 10 people. It's much more like going out with friends than being on a package tour. The pilot of the boat asks you where you want to go and what you would like to see. Being small, these boats can go down the smaller canals the big glass covered boats can't navigate. There are no taped narratives, just lovely scenery and a great ride. The best thing to do in Amsterdam!

You can drink, smoke and eat anything you can buy in Amsterdam, (all BYO). At the end they pass around a can and you can give a donation if you want. There's no pressure to pay. They're non-profit. They're great. You sign up for rides at Boom Chicago on the Leiseplein.


Oh well! We wandered around and finished buying souvenirs. I think we've done everything we've wanted to do (except for that canal ride which would have been so freaking awesome!)

Some more pictures...I have permission to post some people pictures too! I haven't heard from Wendy, so I am not going to post any pictures with her in them until I do.

Like my new shirt?




Ho Ho!




Bread with garlic butter and olive tapenade * beer * Dutch Apple Pie with Cinnamon ice cream!!!!!!!!11111111


Trying to finish it off, man!


1 comment: